Physician Family Medicine Faculty
St Mary's Medical Center
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Faculty Physician in Family Medicine.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.
As a Physician, you would be eligible for productivity upside earning potential and may be eligible for quality incentives based on your region and specialty. We also offer additional benefits including two times salary basic life insurance, approved time off, CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement.
To help you begin your career with us, we are happy to currently offer a $20,000 sign-on incentive and $10,000 relocation for qualified candidates.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Faculty Physician in Family Medicine you'll work with 12 other well-established Faculty Physicians to teach Residents how to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with several Nurses and Medial Assistants, 2 Advanced Practice Providers, Care coordinators and integrated behavioral health providers.
- You would practice at St. Mary's Hospital and St. Mary's Family Medicine Clinic in Grand Junction, CO
- Our schedule is reasonable and palatable; it has been developed over the years with input from all of our faculty.
- A typical week includes three clinic half days and the remainder of the time in clinical precepting, education and administrative time.
- Inpatient weeks include med/peds admissions as well as OB and newborn care. Minimum of one call shift per week of inpatient.
- Weekend coverage and intermittent call are part of the call responsibilities.
- Call is from home until needed in hospital.
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to be comfortable:
- Providing and managing direct inpatient and outpatient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Seeing pediatrics, obstetrics, general family medicine and Osteopathic Manipulation
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens
- Refer patients to specialists, and to relevant patient care components
- Train and supervise medical students and resident engaged in specialty activities and procedures
- Serve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice registered nurse and/or Physician Assistant
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Candidates to be board certified in Family Medicine.
- Three years' practice experience preferred.
- Experience/interest in obstetrics required.
- Experience/interest in performing and teaching OMT is a bonus.
- POCUS experience desired but not mandatory.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy teaching and have a passion for rural medicine.
- Employment requires obtaining a Colorado license.
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Faculty Physician in Family Medicine on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.