PA or NP Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
SCL Health Medical Group - Billings
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
To help you begin your career with us, we are happy to currently offer a $10,000 sign-on incentive in addition to a relocation bonus, and student loan repayment for eligible candidates.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as an Advanced Practice Provider in Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular surgery!
You put your patients first and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is a physician network that is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a "hospital within a hospital" specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Health's missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. As a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and/or Midwife, you would be eligible for additional benefits including paid time off, CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement.
To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we do offer a sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment when applicable. (The amount above is based off a full-time status. Amounts will be readjusted based off FTE.) PRN opportunities are not eligible for benefits and recruitment incentives.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety, and take pride in our integrity.
As a Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery PA or NP, you'll work with a very collaborative team that puts patients first! This team includes (but is not limited to) three Cardiothoracic Surgeons, three Vascular surgeons, your fellow APPs, and strong support staff. At our care site everyone comes together to provide top-notch care and high-quality patient experiences.
- You would practice at SCL Health: St. Vincent in Billings, Montana
- Your clinic is open Monday - Friday
- You would assist surgeons during surgery
- You would have the opportunity to perform radial artery and saphenous vein harvesting.
- You would also have the potential to make more money on top of your base with call pay.
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to know how to:
- Provide and manage direct patient care in the clinic setting
- Serve as a first assist to our CT/VS Surgeons in the OR
- Manage post-operative patient care in the inpatient setting
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- An active Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) License by the MT State Board or able to obtain.
- Prescriptive Authority by the MT state board of Nursing or Medical Examiners and DEA License.
- At least 1-3 years' experience in a surgical role (as a provider) is preferred.
- Endoscopic Vein Harvesting (EVH) experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association.
It's also a big plus if you have:
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service-oriented environment.
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft and Google products. The ability to learn new applications relevant to your position.
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner on our team, we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Would you like to meet our team? Click the link below:Meet the TEAM!
About the area
Outdoor adventure is everywhere in and around Billings — from skiing, fishing and hunting to hiking, mountain biking and more. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Yellowstone National Park.