Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon PRN Lafayette CO
SCL Health Medical Group - Denver
PRN Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon
Winning America's 50 Best Hospital Award in 2019, 2020, and 2021, Good Samaritan Medical Center in beautiful Lafayette, Colorado, has become the pillar of a growing community.
Our surgery team is currently looking for two PRN Trauma and Acute Care Surgeons to join their team. These are new positions designed as a shift-based model to cover the ED and manage trauma patients in the ICU. Here are some highlights you can expect.
- You would practice at Good Samaritan Medical Center, a level II trauma center in Lafayette, CO just outside of Denver
- You will work on an as needed basis 12 or 24 hour primary (restricted) or backup (unrestricted) call shifts
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Unrestricted Colorado physician license, or able to obtain
- Residency trained in General Surgery
- Board certified or eligible in General Surgery
- A Surgical Critical Care Fellowship is highly desired
- If no fellowship, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon in a level II trauma center is required
- Must be competent at full spectrum of acute surgeries to include but not limited to ruptured diverticulitis, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicitis, colon resection, perforated ulcers etc
- DEA, ATLS
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Additional Links and Information:
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME money, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.