Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - NP or PA - Inpatient Electrophysiology/Cardiology
Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
SCLHealth is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated toimproving the health of the people and communities we serve, especiallythose who are poor and vulnerable. Founded by the Sisters of Charity ofLeavenworth in 1864, our $2.6 billion health network provides comprehensive,coordinated care through 10 hospitals, more than 100 physician clinics,and home health, hospice, mental health and safety-net services primarily inColorado and Montana. We relentlessly focus on delivering safe,high-quality, effective care to every patient, every time, everywhere.
Saint Joseph Hospital is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for our Electrophysiology Cardiology department. This position is 40 hours per week Mon-Fri.
- Supports the Electrophysiology Cardiology Depts. at Saint Joseph Hospital
- Includes Pre procedure consent, medication reconciliation, H&P (if needed)
- Rounding on Inpatient EP patients in partnership with the EP cardiologists
- Participation in Procedural Cardiology unit processes and assistance in development of new EP protocols as needed
- Willing to provide education, in partnership with Unit Leadership, to Procedural Cardiology unit staff
- Discharge and discharge medication reconciliation of EP patients
Assistance of General Cardiology service (especially in Pre Procedure area as needed)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Master's Degree graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Physician Assistant, required
- Valid license/certificate as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of practice, required
- Current DEA with prescriptive authority in CO, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification, required
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as an NP or PA in a cardiology setting, required
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.