Physician Assistant - Nurse Practitioner - Cardiothoracic Surgery
SCL Health Medical Group - Western Colorado, Grand Junction, CO
St. Mary's is looking to add one full time PA or NP to our Cardiothoracic Surgery team.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's:
- 346 bed acute care facility
- 34 bed ICU
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah - St. Mary's is the largest regional medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City
Fast Facts about Grand Junction
- Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
- 300+ days of sunshine a year, four seasons, and a delightfully arid high-desert climate
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trail running, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
Enjoy a blend ofinpatient and outpatient work along with first-assist duties in the OR, awell-established patient base, and collaborative and warm patient-centered careteam.
- Enjoy a full spectrum role including OR first assist duties, outpatient clinic work, and inpatient post-op rounding
- You'll support a robust and comprehensive Cardiothoracic Surgery team including two full time CT surgeons and one part time CT surgeon, nursing support, MA assistance, surgery scheduler, and full front office staff including a clinic manager
- Shared call of 1:3 with additional call pay
- Collaborative, positive, professional, and patient-centric office atmosphere
- This position offers a competitive annual salary, health, vision, and dental insurance provided along with retirement benefits, paid vacation, and CME allowance.
- Acceptingboth NP and PA candidates
- Atleast 2 years' experience in a surgical role (preferably in cardiac surgery) required - no new graduatesplease
- Experiencein a surgical role required, CT surgical experience preferred
- Active,unobstructed Colorado License, or the ability to obtain one
- Abilityto complete St. Mary's credentialing process
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.