Nurse Practitioner - NP - Pediatric Surgery
St. Vincent Medical Group, Billings, MT
- Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and information, and formulates plans of care.
- Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of practice, training and credentialing.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
- Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with regulatory requirements and national standards.
- Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve performance.
- Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in system redesign.
- Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
- Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration between community resources.
Program Management (Site Specific)
- Assists with the development of new and revised services, programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
- Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
- Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as directed.
Staff Supervision (Site Specific)
- Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately, effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
- Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations. Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of assigned staff.
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements
- Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the MT or WY State Board of Nursing and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing or American Academy of Family Nurse Practitioners; Prescriptive Authority by the Montana/Wyoming State Board of Nursing and DEA License.
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site specific).
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
About the area
Outdoor adventure is everywhere in and around Billings — from skiing, fishing and hunting to hiking, mountain biking and more. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Yellowstone National Park.