Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Occupational Medicine - Float - Greater Denver Area
SCL Health Medical Group - Front Range, Greater Denver, CO
- Assumes ongoing responsibility for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery.
- Performs complete physical examinations, including ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and examinations.
- Diagnoses and treats both chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise normal processes such as pregnancy or childhood development.
- Establishes and documents the health care plan and prognosis, maintaining records of each case that are sufficiently complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
- Initiates drug therapy, taking responsibility for such therapy when performed prior to consultation with a physician.
- Determines when the patient has recovered from the disorder and releases the patient.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Master's Degree graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Valid license/certificate as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program is required
- Current Physician Assistant license in state of practice is required.
- Current prescriptive privileges in state of practice is required.
- Current DEA licensure is required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is required
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.