Physician - Family Medicine Residency Faculty
St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
- The St. Mary's Family Medicine Residency program boasts an extraordinary retention rate amongst its faculty and is highly sought after by residents.
- Our schedule is reasonable and palatable; it has been developed over the years with input from all of our faculty.
- This is a unique opportunity to do everything you were trained to do and share your knowledge with the next generation of family medicine clinicians.
- Grand Junction offers a sunny year-round climate different than other Rocky Mountain locations.
- The Grand Junction health care community has been recognized nationally for its innovative model of healthcare reform.
- Grand Junction is affordable, has great schools, culture, shopping, recognized wineries, great for the outdoor enthusiast.
Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
For hospital information, Visit: http://www.stmarygj.org/
For information on our community, Visit: http://www.visitgrandjunction.com/
- You will become part of a well-established faculty practice of 12 physicians in an 80% clinical and teaching / 20% administrative role.
- Our practice includes pediatrics, obstetrics and general family medicine.
- A typical week includes three clinic days with clinical precepting and two education/administrative days.
- Each faculty member takes one inpatient call week every six weeks. Two 24-hour shifts and weekend coverage are part of the call week and responsibilities include inpatient rounding, precepting, and admissions.
- You can expect to see 8-10 patients in a half-day clinic.
- Inpatient ADC average from 15-20 patients.
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience. The St. Mary's Family Medicine Residency has 26 residents.
- The program utilizes two nurse practitioners who assist with rounding, discharging, and some admitting on the day shifts, as well as four RNs, four LPNs, and four MOAs.
- Candidates must be board certified in Family Medicine.
- Three years' practice experience preferred.
- Experience/interest in obstetrics required.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy teaching and have a passion for rural medicine.
- Employment requires obtaining a Colorado license.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.