Physician - Family Medicine - Wheat Ridge, CO
SCL Health Medical Group - Front Range, Greater Denver, CO
SCL Medical Group has recently opened a position for a full time family medicine physician within a well-established practice in Wheat Ridge, CO. We seek those who want to work in an environment where you can have a true impact on your patients and the community.
The Lutheran location has been providing healthcare in Denver for many years. The location is in a rapidly growing part of Denver and provides care to all ages. The site provides comprehensive care for patients.
- Outpatient work only with light call responsibilities.
- Work alongside 6 other providers
- Hospitalists for your inpatient care
- SCL specialists will collaborate when needed
- Work with a wonderful group of like-minded professionals within this site
- Current office hours are Monday through Friday
- EPIC EMR
Working under the general supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician is responsible for carrying out the health care mission and the objectives of the SCL Health System. In doing so, provides and manages direct health care for the patient population.
1. Promotes the philosophy and mission of the SCL Health System throughout the clinic. Promotes a positive working relationship with and among all clinic staff and volunteers.
2. Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
3. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
4. Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
5. Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
6. May serve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice registered nurse.
7. May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
8. Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
9. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
10. As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
11. Takes call as assigned.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
1. Medicalor osteopathic doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience whichmay include residency in a directly related medical specialty.2. Licensedas MD or DO in the state of Colorado, and Board certified or BoardEligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.