Physician - Family Medicine - Lakewood, CO
SCL Health Medical Group - Front Range, Greater Denver, CO
SCL MedicalGroup hasrecently opened a position for a full time family medicine physician within awell-established practice in Lakewood, CO. We seek those who want towork in an environment where you can have a true impact on your patients andthe community.
The Belmar location has been providinghealthcare in Denver for many years. The location is in a rapidly growing partof Denver and provides care to all ages. The site providescomprehensive care for patients.
- Outpatientwork only with light call responsibilities.
- Workalongside 2 other providers
- Hospitalistsfor your inpatient care
- SCLspecialists will collaborate when needed
- Workwith a wonderful group of like-minded professionals within this site
- Currentoffice hours are Monday through Friday
Working under thegeneral supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician is responsible forcarrying out the health care mission and the objectives of the SCL HealthSystem. In doing so, provides and manages direct health care for thepatient population.
1. Promotesthe philosophy and mission of the SCL Health System throughout theclinic. Promotes a positive working relationship with and among allclinic staff and volunteers.
2. Providesand manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations,assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
3. Prescribespharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate toassessed medical conditions.
4. Referspatients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
5. Trainsand supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activitiesand procedures, as appropriate.
6. Mayserve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice registered nurse.
7. Maymanage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit,or research function.
8. Directsand coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff asrequired.
9. Followsestablished departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuousquality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infectioncontrol standards.
10. Asappropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion,education and/or prevention programs.
11. Takescall as assigned.
12. Performsmiscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Medicalor osteopathic doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience whichmay include residency in a directly related medical specialty.
2. Licensedas MD or DO in the state of Colorado, and Board certified or BoardEligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.