Physician Assistant - Nurse Practitioner - Medical Oncology
SCL Health Medical Group - Western Colorado, Grand Junction, CO
St. Mary's is looking to add an NP or PA to our cancer care team.
A bit about St. Mary's:
- 346 bed acute care facility
- 34 bed ICU
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah - St. Mary's is the largest regional medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City
- Our associates enjoy health, vision, and dental insurance provided along with retirement benefits, paid vacation, and CME allowance.
A bit about Grand Junction:
- Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
- Awe-inspiring natural beauty and dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine a year
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trail running, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to (2 hours or less!) world-famous destinations like Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
You know your stuff, and you're passionate about quality patient care and the cancer care journey - you look forward to changing patients' lives one interaction at a time. We get it, and we need you and your skills on our team.
St. Mary's Hospital Cancer Center is looking for a full time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join a thriving and busy outpatient clinic with a rotating inpatient role.
- Enjoy four 10-hour outpatient clinic shifts per week
- Share inpatient rounding duties with two other oncology APPs - no evening call required
- Support five Medical Oncologists in providing the best in cancer care on the western slope of Colorado and eastern Utah
- Join a collaborative, team-based care model designed to help your patients succeed in the healthcare journey
- Support from a full front office staff, 4 Nurse Navigators, 4 RNs, and 12 MAs to ensure your clinic day runs smoothly
- Competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including paid time off, CME allowance, weekly Grand Rounds, and more
- Be a part of a family committed to your professional development and growth in a supportive environment
- At least three years of experience required - no new graduates, please
- Clinical experience in Medical Oncology required
- Active, unobstructed Colorado NP/PA License, or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to complete St. Mary's credentialing process.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.