Physician Assistant - Nurse Practitioner - Bariatric Surgery
St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
- 346 bed acute care facility
- 34 bed ICU
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah - St. Mary's is the largest regional medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City
- Health, vision, and dental insurance provided along with retirement benefits, paid vacation, and CME allowance.
- Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
- Awe-insipring natural beauty and dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine a year
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trail running, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colorado and eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
We're looking for an experienced NP or PA to serve as an outpatient bariatrician on our talented and passionate Bariatric Surgery Team. Experience working with Bariatric patients is required - no new graduates please.
- Enjoy a set schedule with no call to ensure a well-balanced lifestyle
- Join a thriving, well established practice with a seasoned team
- Patient centered, compassionate care environment with a focus on the absolute best quality of care
- This position offers very competitive guaranteed annual salary, health, vision, and dental insurance provided along with retirement benefits, paid vacation, and CME allowance.
- Track and coach patient progress through pre-operative period, following ordered labs, tests and studies.
- Provide direct patient care including gastric band adjustments, evaluate outcomes, and consult with other providers as needed to ensure optimal patient care.
- Prescribe or recommend prescriptions according to established federal and state regulations and requirements.
- Performs, orders, and evaluates results of lab, x-ray, and diagnostic tests.
- Provides coverage for other providers' patients when a provider is unavailable. Assists in acute care, follow ups, messages and prescription refills.
Accepting PA and NP candidates
Experience inBariatric Services care management required
Active, unobstructed Colorado MedicalLicense and DEA, or the ability to obtain them
Ability to complete St. Mary'scredentialing process
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.