Nurse Practitioner - NP or PA - Heart Failure Clinic - Denver
SCL Health Medical Group - Front Range, Greater Denver, CO
SCLHealth is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated toimproving the health of the people and communities we serve, especiallythose who are poor and vulnerable. Founded by the Sisters of Charity ofLeavenworth in 1864, our $2.6 billion health network provides comprehensive,coordinated care through 10 hospitals, more than 100 physician clinics,and home health, hospice, mental health and safety-net services primarily inColorado and Montana. We relentlessly focus on delivering safe,high-quality, effective care to every patient, every time, everywhere.
SCL Health Medical Group is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for our new Heart Failure Clinic. The Heart Failure Clinic works with stage 3 and 4 heart failure patients to ensure medication compliance, monitoring dietary and lifestyle changes, regular follow ups and much more.
This position will be working with two experienced cardiologist in our joint partnership with National Jewish to provide excellent patient care. Hours are Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm, no call/weekends. This is a mostly outpatient position with some occasional inpatient rounding.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program, required
- Valid license/certification as Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Colorado or able to obtain, required
- DEA and prescriptive authority, required
- BLS and ACLS, required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working as an NP or PA in a Heart Failure or cardiology clinic, required
- Please note that we are unable to consider new grads at this point
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.