Physician - Program Director - Family Medicine Residency
St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
St. Mary's is searching for strong physician leader to serveas Program Director for our Family Medicine Residency.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's:
346 bed acute care facility
34 bed ICU
Level II Trauma Center
Primary referral center for western Colorado and easternUtah - St. Mary's is the largest regional medical center between Denver andSalt Lake City
Fast Facts about Grand Junction:
Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
Awe-inspiring natural beauty and dramatic red rock landscapeof the Colorado National Monument
300+ days of sunshine a year, four seasons, and adelightfully arid high-desert climate
Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trailrunning, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, artgalleries, and more
The heart of Colorado's wine country
Close to world-famous destinations like Moab, Telluride,Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
St. Mary's proudly employs 2020 associates, and supports amedical staff of 434 physicians
St. Mary's is searching for strongphysician leader to serve as Program Director for our Family MedicineResidency. St. Mary's Residency program supports 27 postgraduate interns, and17 physician faculty members and preceptors. This programs prepares residentsfor full spectrum family medicine practice, and includes a variety of inpatientrotations along with comprehensive outpatient training. The Program Directorwill serve a combined administrative and clinical function (50/50) whichincludes both teaching and direct patient care at St. Mary's Hospital, and atthe Residency's Family Medicine Clinic.
Ideal candidates will have a passionfor cultivating talent, a commitment to quality and safety, and demonstratedleadership abilities.
- Enjoy a varied work schedule to includeinpatient care including some call, outpatient clinical practice, administrativeleadership, and hands-on teaching.
- Responsible for carrying out the programrequirements of ACGME and applicable RRC.
- Responsible for department budgeting andexpenditures.
- Directs the interview and selection process fornew residents.
- Counsels and assists residents in developmentand implementation of career plans during and following their residency training.
- Participates in the supervision of residentsand other health professional trainees.
- Manages both volunteer and staff faculty in thehospital and GME clinic.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationsin dealing with residents, fellow employees, and supervisors so thatdepartmental productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- At least 2-3 years in a Residency teaching rolerequired
- Leadership experience and/or faculty developmentfellowship training preferred
- Active, unobstructed Colorado Medical License,or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to complete St. Mary's credentialingprocess
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.