SCL Health Medical Group - Grand Junction
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Hospitalist.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans.
As a Physician, you would be eligible for productivity upside earning potential and may be eligible for quality incentives based on your region and specialty. We also offer additional benefits including two times salary basic life insurance, approved time off, CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement.
To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we will also offer a sign-on and retention bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment when applicable.
To help you begin your career with us, we are happy to currently offer a $30,000 sign-on incentive, a $15,000 relocation bonus, and up to $75,000 in loan repayment for qualified candidates.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a hospitalist at St. Mary's, you will work collaboratively in a locally-managed group with 18 FTE physicians. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to provide top-notch care and patient experience.
- You'll work 12-hour shifts in 7 day blocks, Wednesday to Tuesday
- Shifts are broken down into 6 rounding and 3 admitting shifts each day
- Shift requirement is 165 shifts annually
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to know how to:
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Refer patients to specialists, and to relevant patient care components
- Train and supervise medical students and resident engaged in specialty activities and procedures
- Serve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice registered nurse and/or Physician Assistant
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Residency training in Family or Internal Medicine
- Board certification or eligibility in the designated discipline
- Active, unobstructed Colorado medical license, or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to successfully complete St. Mary's credentialing process
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Hospitalist on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.