Nurse Practitioner - NP - Family Medicine
SCL Health Medical Group - Western Colorado, Grand Junction, CO
St. Mary's is looking to add a Family Medicine NP to our growing team. This provider will care for patients in both our Addiction Medicine Clinic, and Family Medicine Clinic.
- 346 bed acute care facility
- 34 bed ICU
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah - St. Mary's is the largest regional medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City
- Health, vision, and dental insurance provided along with retirement benefits, paid vacation, and CME allowance.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine a year
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trail running, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colorado and eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds
You know your stuff, and you're passionate about Family Medicine - it's the core of patient care, and you look forward to changing patients' lives one interaction at a time. We get it, and we need you and your skills on our team.
St. Mary's Hospital Family Medicine Clinic is looking for a full time Nurse Practitioner to join a thriving and busy outpatient clinic. This is a dual purpose role split between addiction medicine (.7 of the time), and general family medicine (.3 of the time). If you have a passion for patients with addiction issues, join a supportive team ready to support and proctor those skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a practice that cares for patients with substance abuse disorders, chronic pain, and complex medical conditions
- Our team will provide additional training in addiction medicine, and you'll be fully supported by a multidisciplinary care team
- Enjoy an 8 am - 5 pm schedule with no call, and no weekends.
- Work in an invigorating teaching environment with 26 Residents, and 12 Faculty physicians.
- Join a collaborative, team-based care model designed to help your patients succeed in the healthcare journey
- Support from a full front office staff, one NP, 4 RNs, and 12 MAs to ensure your clinic day runs smoothly.
- Competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including paid time off, CME allowance, weekly Grand Rounds, and more.
- Be a part of a family committed to your professional development and growth in a supportive environment.
- At least two years of experience, preferably in an outpatient setting.
- Experience managing controlled substances like opioids and benzodiazepines, and experience tapering those substances
- Experience with outpatient management of substance withdrawal
- Comfort managing basic psychiatric medications for conditions such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Experience with treating pain with non-opioid and non-pharmacologic pain management
- Experience with motivational interviewing and SBIRT (screening, brief intervention, referral to treatment)
- Active, unobstructed Colorado Nursing License, or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to complete St. Mary's credentialing process.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.