Physician Assistant - PA or NP - Urgent Care / Walk-In Clinic
St. Vincent Medical Group, Billings, MT
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health - and hope - to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children's Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women's Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
- Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and information, and formulates plans of care.
- Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of practice, training and credentialing.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
- Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with regulatory requirements and national standards.
- Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve performance.
- Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in system redesign.
- Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
- Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration between community resources.
- Assists with the development of new and revised services, programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
- Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
- Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as directed.
- Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately, effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
- Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations. Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the MT State Board of Nursing and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing or American Academy of Family Nurse Practitioners; Prescriptive Authority by the Montana State Board of Nursing and DEA License
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant-Certified by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners; Prescriptive Authority by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners and DEA License.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site specific).
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including but not limited to Microsoft & Google products, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position.
About the area
Outdoor adventure is everywhere in and around Billings — from skiing, fishing and hunting to hiking, mountain biking and more. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Yellowstone National Park.