Physician - Family Medicine Residency Faculty
SCL Health Medical Group - Western Colorado, Grand Junction, CO
The St. Mary's Family Medicine Residency program boasts an extraordinary retention rate amongst its faculty and is highly sought after by residents.
Our schedule is reasonable and palatable; it has been developed over the years with input from all of our faculty.
This is a unique opportunity to do everything you were trained to do and share your knowledge with the next generation of family medicine clinicians.
Grand Junction offers a sunny year-round climate different than other Rocky Mountain locations.
The Grand Junction health care community has been recognized nationally for its innovative model of healthcare reform.
Grand Junction is affordable, has great schools, culture, shopping, recognized wineries, great for the outdoor enthusiast.
Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
For hospital information, Visit: http://www.stmarygj.org/
For information on our community, Visit: http://www.visitgrandjunction.com/
You will become part of a well-established faculty practice of 12 physicians in an 80% clinical and teaching / 20% administrative role.
Our practice includes pediatrics, obstetrics and general family medicine.
A typical week includes three clinic days with clinical precepting and two education/administrative days.
Each faculty member takes one inpatient call week every six weeks. Two 24-hour shifts and weekend coverage are part of the call week and responsibilities include inpatient rounding, precepting, and admissions.
You can expect to see 8-10 patients in a half-day clinic.
Inpatient ADC average from 15-20 patients.
Academic appointment commensurate with experience. The St. Mary's Family Medicine Residency has 26 residents.
The program utilizes two nurse practitioners who assist with rounding, discharging, and some admitting on the day shifts, as well as four RNs, four LPNs, and four MOAs.
Candidates must be board certified in Family Medicine.
Three years' practice experience preferred.
Experience/interest in obstetrics required.
The ideal candidate will enjoy teaching and have a passion for rural medicine.
Employment requires obtaining a Colorado license.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.