Physician - Medical Oncology
SCL Health Medical Group - Western Colorado, Grand Junction, CO
When it comes to delivering quality patient care, patients trust the professionals at St. Mary's Hospital Regional Cancer Center, the largest cancer center between Denver and Salt Lake City.
We seek three BC/BE Oncologists/Hematologists to join our team at our state-of-the-art facility that brings together medical oncology and radiation oncology services as well as the supporting services of the Regional Blood Center and Pavilion Imaging.
- 346 bed acute care facility
- 34 bed ICU
- Level II Trauma Center
- Primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah - St. Mary's is the largest regional medical center between Denver and Salt Lake City
- Health, vision, and dental insurance provided along with retirement benefits, paid vacation, and CME allowance.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction, CO, founded in 1896, population 146,000
- Awe-inspiring natural beauty and dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine a year
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including fishing, trail running, hiking, camping, biking, and skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations like Moab, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- St. Mary's proudly employs 2020 associates, and supports a medical staff of 434 physicians
For hospital information, Visit: http://www.stmarygj.org/
For information on our community, Visit: http://www.visitgrandjunction.com
St. Mary's Regional Cancer Center in Grand Junction, Colorado has an exciting opportunity available for two Medical Oncologists to join a busy and thriving practice.
- The Cancer Center Registry helps maintain St. Mary's accreditation as a Comprehensive community Cancer Program (CCCP)
- Clinical Research relationships with:
- UCLA's (University of California, Los Angeles) Translational Research in Oncology - U.S. Network.
- University of Colorado Cancer Center.
- Medical Oncology nurses are chemotherapy certified
- Pharmacists who specialize in chemotherapy preparation
- 20 therapy chairs equipped with TV, internet, temperature control, massages and an outdoor treatment option when weather permits.
- 25-bed inpatient medical oncology unit
- Enjoy support from APPs, Nurse Navigators, full clinical support staff, front office support, and a strategic leadership team
- In addition to outpatient clinic needs, you'll also share inpatient care with your colleagues and APPs one out of four weeks
- Opportunities to hold outreach clinic services within St. Mary's tertiary service areas
Characteristics of a successful candidate include:
- Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Ability to think and execute strategically
- Strong intra-organizational skills
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.