Obesity Medicine Nurse Practitioner
SCL Health Medical Group - Grand Junction
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as an NP or PA in Obesity Medicine.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. As a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, you would be eligible for additional benefits including paid time off, CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement.
To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we will also offer a sign-on and retention bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment when applicable.
To help you begin your career with us, we are happy to currently offer a $5,000 sign-on incentive, and a $3,750 relocation bonus for qualified candidates with Bariatric Surgery experience.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As an NP or PA in Obesity Medicine, you'll work with two other Obesity Medicine APPs and an Obesity Medicine Certified Physician to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with a seasoned team inside a well-established practice.
- You would practice remotely via telemedicine and/or in the Bariatric Surgery Clinic on St. Mary's Hospital's campus in Grand Junction, CO
- Enjoy a set schedule with no call, flexible FTE is possible (.5-1.0)
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to know how to:
- Track and coach patient progress through pre-operative period, following ordered labs, tests and studies.
- Provide direct patient care including gastric band adjustments, evaluate outcomes, and consult with other providers as needed to ensure optimal patient care.
- Prescribe or recommend prescriptions according to established federal and state regulations and requirements.
- Performs, orders, and evaluates results of lab, x-ray, and diagnostic tests.
- Provides coverage for other providers' patients when a provider is unavailable. Assist in acute care, follow ups, messages and prescription refills.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- NP or PA license
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Obesity Medicine or 1 - 2 years experience in Obesity Medicine, no new grads please
- Active, unobstructed Colorado medical license, or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to successfully complete St. Mary's credentialing process
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Bariatrician on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.