Medical Oncologist with Medical Directorship Brighton
Platte Valley Medical Group
Medical Oncologist with Medical Directorship
Platte Valley Medical Center is a 98 bed, Level III Trauma Center located in Brighton, Brighton is a growing community of about 38,000 people only 30 minutes from downtown Denver.
Our Cancer Center at Platte Valley Medical Center is currently looking for a full time Oncologist. There are 2 exam rooms and 12 infusion chairs. Our office is staffed with a Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant, 9 RNs (clinic and infusion), a Medical Assistant, Registered Dietician, Social Worker, a Clinical Pharmacist and Tech, Financial Advocate, and front office staff to help this practice run smoothly.
Here are some highlights you can expect from this employed solo practice:
- Clinic hours are Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm
- You'll be on call 1:8 for all locations; Good Samaritan Medical Center, Platte Valley Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center, and Saint Joseph Hospital
- Call is typically very light
- A Clinical Medical Directorship is available for this position
- Growth for the Oncology program in the Denver and surrounding areas will include another .5 FTE in the future for this location
- This is a fully benefited position. See the below links for benefit information.
Compensation: Our compensation plan is standard across the Denver Front Range. We offer a salary of $450,000 plus a production incentive. Call is paid out at $300/weeknight and $1,260/weekend. A Medical Directorship of $54,000 would be included for the right candidates ($225/hour for 240 hours annually). Additionally, we are offering a $25,000 Sign on Bonus. A relocation bonus is also available to qualified candidates.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Unrestricted physician license in the state of CO or able to obtain
- Fellowship trained in Hematology/Oncology
- American Board certification or eligibility in the designated discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of practice experience with leadership
Additional Information and Links
Platte Valley Medical Group is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout the Brighton area, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Platte Valley Medical Center is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.