Clinical Psychologist - PSYD - Bariatric Medicine - Denver
Saint Joseph Hospital
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Clinical Psychologist in Bariatric Medicine.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Saint Joseph Weight Loss Center and Downtown Surgery Specialists - The expert team at Downtown Surgery Specialists is committed to providing quality, patient-centered care in a comfortable and compassionate environment. We use the latest technology and innovative techniques to deliver unmatched surgery services to our patients.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence - Magnet designation - by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Clinical Psychologist in Bariatric Medicine, you can expect the following:
- You would practice at St. Joseph Hospital in Denver, Colorado
- You will work in a clinic care setting for bariatric evaluation and treatment in order to evaluate the patient's ability to be successful after surgery
- Care is provided via scheduled counseling with patients and their families, clinical interventions, resource referral and consultation with other staff members
- You will be part of an integrated bariatric team including a variety of other professionals that help to care for the whole person
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- Unrestricted Colorado license or able to obtain
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a medical setting with bariatric experience a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Clinic Psychologist on our Bariatric team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.