SCL Health Medical Group - Grand Junction
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
To help you begin your career with us, we are happy to currently offer a $30,000 sign-on and up to $75,000 in student loan assistance for qualified candidates.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans.
As a Physician, you would be eligible for productivity upside earning potential and may be eligible for quality incentives based on your region and specialty. We also offer additional benefits including two times salary basic life insurance, approved time off, CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement.
To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we will also offer a sign-on and retention bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment when applicable.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Cardiothoracic Surgeon you'll work with 2 other CT Surgeons to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with three Advanced Practice Providers, OR support, as well as Clinic and Inpatient support.
- Join a thriving practice with no competition in Grand Junction, CO
- St. Mary's Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center with 346 beds - the only acute care facility between Denver and Salt Lake City
- We're the primary referral center for western Colorado and eastern Utah
- 34 bed open ICU with 12 beds dedicated to cardiac patients
- Brand new, state-of-the-art Heart and Vascular Center with 2 Hybrid ORs
- Enjoy one in three call allowing for work-life balance
- CT surgery trained clinical staff in the OR and clinic including surgical first assists, three surgical PAs, and a full time clinic nurse
- Take a video tour of our Heart & Vascular Center here.
In this line of work every day is different, that's why we're looking for a certain set of skills:
- Experienced/trained in general thoracic robotic surgery (VATS)
- Experience in esophageal surgery, and EUS/EBUS
- Experience in Transcatheter Valve Therapies and Structural Heart procedures (TAVR, TMVR)
- Experience in minimally invasive valve surgery, mitral valve repair, and cardiac surgery
- Conversion procedures for Afib with EP
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Residency training in Internal Medicine
- Board certification or eligibility in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Active, unobstructed Colorado medical license, or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to successfully complete St. Mary's credentialing process
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Cardiothoracic Surgeon on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.