Neonatal Nurse Practitioner - NICU
SCL Health Medical Group - Billings
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
You put your patients first and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a "hospital within a hospital" specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Health's missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. As a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/Midwife, you would be eligible for additional benefits including paid time off, CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement.
To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we will also offer a $10,000 sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment when applicable. (The amount above is based off of a full-time status. Amounts will be readjusted based off of FTE.)
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner you'll work with four Neonatologists to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with another Neonatal Nurse Practitioner that will help build and grow our team.
- You would practice at St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings, Montana.
- You will primarily be in our Level III NICU.
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to know how to:
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnosis and treatment.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens.
- Serve as a collaborative physician for an advanced practice registered nurse.
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Masters of Nurse Practitioner Studies.
- Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in program growth and quality metrics preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience as an NNP in a NICU setting.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
It's also a big plus if you have:
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft and Google products. The ability to learn new applications relevant to your position.
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
Outdoor adventure is everywhere in and around Billings — from skiing, fishing and hunting to hiking, mountain biking and more. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Yellowstone National Park.