Behavioral Health Provider Addiction Medicine
St Mary's Medical Center
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Behavioral Health Provider.
Your compassion is tangible: whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
Youâ€™re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Maryâ€™s Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weâ€™ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together weâ€™ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. Weâ€™ll honor each otherâ€™s dignity and surpass the standards we set. Weâ€™ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Weâ€™ll laugh at each otherâ€™s jokes (even the bad ones). Weâ€™ll hello and high five. Weâ€™ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Weâ€™re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
St. Mary's Addiction Medicine Clinic is looking for an experienced behavioral health clinician to join our growing addiction medicine team. Our clinic offers outpatient integrated medical and behavioral health services for people and their loved ones whose lives have been interrupted by addiction and co-occurring mental health conditions. Our behavioral health services consist of both group and individual services, which include intensive outpatient programs, extended outpatient programs, EMDR therapy and family treatments. With a commitment to evidence-based interventions and trauma informed care, the AIM Clinic has changed the lives of those fighting addiction and their families by delivering quality individualized care. This opportunity gives you the ability to work with a devoted team of specialists passionate about making a difference. Learn about St. Maryâ€™s Integrated Addiction Medicine Clinic: https://www.sclhealth.org/locations/st-marys-integrated-addiction-medicine/
As a Behavioral Health Provider you need to know to:
- Provides mental health consultation and counseling as needed by patients being seen by the medical and nursing staff.
- Refers patients as necessary for additional outpatient or for inpatient mental health or substance abuse treatment as needed.
- Timely documentation of all services within the clinicâ€™s electronic medical record.
- Participates in patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Meets with the clinic staff as needed to review program processes and patient needs.
- Maintains an open flow of communication with clinic staff regarding patient and program issues.
- Provides brief intervention using motivational interviewing techniques to individuals with identified needs who are living with chronic illnesses.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Master's degree in related field, required
- LMFT, LAC, LCSW, and/or LPC, required
- Licensed Addiction Counselor, preferred
- Previous experience working with adult population within ethnically and culturally diverse families, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Behavioral Health Provider on our team we hope youâ€™ll join us. At St. Maryâ€™s Medical Center youâ€™ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.