Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - CT Surgery - Wheat Ridge, CO
SCL Health Medical Group - Denver
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Advanced Practice Provider in CT Surgery.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As an Advanced Practice Provider in CT Surgery you'll work with 2 CT Surgeons, and 1 other Advanced Practitioner to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with Cardiologists in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- You would practice at our CT Surgery clinic and Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge, CO
- Your schedule will be Mon-Fri ~7:45am-5pm
- Assist surgeons in performing procedures during surgery
- Perform Radial Artery and Saphenous vein harvesting
- Place Foley catheters and invasive lines
- Discharge same day or PACU patients
- Daily team rounding with on time attendance at 7:45am
- Clinic responsibilities include new H&P and surgical follow ups
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Graduate from an accredited Physician assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Licensed as an NP or PA in the state of CO or able to obtain
- DEA and full prescriptive authority in CO
- Minimum of 2 years as a First Assist NP or PA in a CT Surgery setting, required (please, no new graduates)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in endoscopic vein harvesting for bypass procedures, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being an Advanced Practitioner on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.