Neonatal Nurse Practitioner - Denver, CO
Saint Joseph Hospital
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence - Magnet designation - by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner you'll work with 10 other NNPs to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with seven Neonatologists, Social Workers and Chaplains.
- You would practice at St. Joseph Hospital in Denver, Colorado
- You would work three 24 hour shifts per two week pay period
- Saint Joseph Hospital has a strong OBGYN residency program in which residents will be assisting in the delivery service, but our NNPs work autonomously in the NICU paired with a neonatologist.
- The 31 bed Level 3 NICU is currently expanding to include 6 additional semi private rooms
- Saint Joseph Hospital is a Magnet hospital with a Baby Friendly designation
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in Colorado, or able to obtain
- Graduate of an accredited Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Program (MS or MSN)
- NCC certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Full Prescriptive Authority and DEA license in Colorado
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Minimum of 1 year of NNP experience in a Level 3 NICU, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.