SCL Health Medical Group - Grand Junction
Are you ready to practice big-city medicine with a small-city feel? Are you ready to practice at the top of your game, to provide access to the best treatments to all your patients? If we have your attention, read on.
To help you begin your career with us, we are happy to currently offer a $10,000 sign-on and $7,500 relocation bonuses for qualified candidates.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as an Advanced Practice Provider in Neurosurgery.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As an Advanced Practice Provider in Neurosurgery you'll support five outstanding Neurosurgeons alongside four other APPs to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Throughout the day you'll collaborate with MAs and clinic nurses, the OR team, and our inpatient care team inside the hospital.
- You would practice at St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, CO
- Your schedule will be split between the OR and clinic
- You'll be on call one out of five weeks on a rotational basis with the other APPs
In this line of work every day is different, that's why you'll need to know how to:
- Serve as a first assist to the neurosurgeons in the OR
- Participate in the call schedule
- See patients in clinic
- Round on post-operative patients in the hospital
This team is open to training a new graduate, or someone new to surgery for the right candidate. In order to be considered, you must be:
- passionate about Neurosurgery
- enthusiastic about surgery and first assisting in the OR, in addition to seeing patients in clinic and in the hospital
- willing to participate in taking call one out of every five weeks, which will include coming into work after hours and on the weekends
- interested in investing in learning new skills in the OR, clinic, and the inpatient units
- open minded to being trained and mentored by the surgeons and fellow APPs
We also require:
- NP or PA licensure
- Active, unobstructed Colorado medical license, or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to successfully complete St. Mary's credentialing process
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Neurosurgery APP on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
St. Mary's Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
About the area
Grand Junction is a mecca for mountain bikers, wine aficionados, country music fans and outdoor enthusiasts who live life to the fullest.