Nurse Practitioner - Surgery (clinic only) - Denver, CO
Saint Joseph Hospital
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Nurse Practitioner in a General Surgery clinic.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Downtown Surgery Specialists at Saint Joseph Hospital- The expert team at Downtown Surgery Specialists is committed to providing quality, patient-centered care in a comfortable and compassionate environment. We use the latest technology and innovative techniques to deliver unmatched surgery services to our patients.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence - Magnet designation - by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Nurse Practitioner in a surgical clinic, you can expect the following:
- You would practice in a clinic setting on the St. Joseph Hospital campus in Denver, Colorado
- Your schedule would be Monday through Friday 8am-5pm, no call
- You would work about 60% of your time with our Endocrine surgeon and the rest of the time with 7 other general surgeons to provide post op patient care in a clinic setting
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Current licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in Colorado or able to obtain
- Current BLS certification, DEA, and full prescriptive authority
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in General Surgery, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, or Urgent Care, prefer 2 years
- Comfortable with in office procedures such as suturing, skin tags, cyst removal and lesions, highly desired
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Nurse Practitioner on our General Surgery team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.