Physician Assist or Nurse Practitioner - Cardiothoracic Surgery - Denver, CO
SCL Health Medical Group - Denver
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as an Advanced Practitioner in Cardiology.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you aren't just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid time off. Additionally, we are offering a $5,000 sign on bonus and relocation assistance if applicable.
Together, we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in our CT Surgery clinic, you'll work with 4 Surgeons and 3 other Advanced Practitioners to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Here are some highlights you can expect.
- You would practice at our CT Surgery clinic and Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, Colorado
- Your schedule will be Mon-Fri with paid 1:4 call for nights and weekends
- Assist surgeons in performing procedures during surgery
- Perform Radial Artery and Saphenous vein harvesting (must be proficient)
- Place Foley catheters and invasive lines
- Discharge Same Day or PACU patients
- Daily team rounding with on time attendance at 7:45am
- Clinic responsibilities include new H&P and surgical follow ups
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Graduate from an accredited Physician assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Licensed as an NP or PA in the state of CO or able to obtain
- DEA and full prescriptive authority in CO
- Minimum of 2 year as a First Assist NP or PA in a CT Surgery setting, required (please, no new graduates)
- Minimum of 2 year experience in endoscopic vein harvesting for bypass procedures, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being an Advanced Practitioner on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
***Please note that we do not accept CVs or resumes via email in lieu of an online application from the SCL Health career site. So please click the Apply Now button from that site in order to be considered for this position.
About the area
If you are a collaborative provider who puts patients first, you’re an excellent fit for SCL Health’s mission-based not-for-profit health ministry. You’ll find you can deliver big-city medicine with high acuity throughout Denver’s welcoming communities. Join us here at SCL Health, delivering holistic care that heals patients — mind, body and spirit.